Hong Kong SAR, China, 3 November, 2021 –– SAVVY, the city’s newest contemporary lifestyle dining destination is set to re-energise the epicurean scene in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, when it debuts at Prince Hotel in Harbour City on 12 November 2021.
Occupying more than 8,000-square-feet across one level, with direct access from Level 3 of Harbour City, SAVVY reimagines the concept of blended spaces to offer three zones: a trendy happening bar, a classy modern lounge and a stylish urban restaurant – celebrating local and western cuisines. Its modern style and vibrancy is central to the atmosphere, and as a day-to-night location –– diners are encouraged to seamlessly enjoy the restaurant’s offerings and relax in one inviting space.
The culinary experience, delivered by Chef de Cuisine Derek Ng – who has more than 28 years’ of experience – and his team, is a smorgasbord of Asian and western flavours covering lunch, tea and dinner. From sustainable seafood, hearty bowls of noodles, vegetarian and gluten free options and grilled meats, all dishes are prepared to order.
Within the restaurant, patrons can sit comfortably and enjoy close-up views of the action behind the open kitchen specialising in Chinese, Asian and western dishes. Grilled signatures including Australian Wagyu Beef Steak, Lobster Tom Yum Kung Rice Noodles, Coconut Beef ‘Rendang’, and Tiger Prawns are perfect options for relaxed dining or family-style sharing. The lunch offering, from Monday to Friday, includes appetisers from the cold table with a main course to order and a dessert from SAVVY’s trolley.
With a respect to sustainability practices, the restaurant partnered with the World Wide Fund For Nature Hong Kong to offer ethically sourced seafood from salmon farmed from Norway, to seabass wild-caught from the Antarctic Ocean, to farmed King Prawns from Vietnam.
Dominated by sinuous white marble with a full-length backlit showcase, the bar functions as a noodle bar at lunch and offers quick bites. Standouts include recreations of Penang Assam Laksa, a piquant and sour dish of noodles with shredded vegetables in a fish broth, and Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles with a spicy sauce and meat-free mixture.
In the evening, pre- and post- dinner drinks and a menu of esteemed French, Italian and New World wines are available in addition to signature cocktails by the resident mixologist. They include:
- Sherry oak barrel aged cocktails – Concoctions made from a choice of three wines including whisky, sake and fen chiew, as well as aged sherry
- Pome and Plum – Made with salted plum cachaça, pomegranate juice, grenadine and sea salt for a sharp red colour and flavour
- Yuzuvvy – Features umeshu mixed with yuzu honey, orange juice and sake. Topped with kalamansi foam to offer a balance of subtle sweetness and sour flavour
- Sassy Classy – Combines Langley’s First Chapter gin with thyme syrup, rose flower water, lemon juice and egg white for a light, smooth and refreshing cocktail
- Citrus Vibe – A blend of Jose Cuervo silver tequila, grapefruit juice, hojicha liqueur, hazelnut syrup, bitters and lime juice. The flavour profile is sour and bitter
Garden-like and bright, the lounge – resembling the cosiness of a dessert parlour – plays host to a beautiful ensemble of cakes and pastries displayed on the dessert trolley, as well as afternoon high tea presentations for both adult and young guests created by Pastry Chef Jeff Lo.
A must-try is the blueberry cheesecake made from natural Australian cheese that perfectly melds with the blueberry compote and cinnamon filling, and is completed with a silver leaf and sprinkling of blueberries.
SAVVY’s overall aesthetic has a very tactile quality with raw materials including wood and stone floors visible at every turn. Walls are dressed in wood panels and smoked mirrors, while screens in metal profiles and etched glass double as dividers and displays. Fixtures and furniture are a mix of bell-bottle wall lamps, mismatched chair styles and seating in pops of teal, mustard yellow and brick red colours to enhance the spatial experience and emphasise playfulness and eclectic creativity.
Private Dining Rooms
Partitioned by mobile screens, two corners of the restaurant can be instantly transformed into private dining rooms for intimate celebrations. Supported by audio-visual and lighting facilities, the rooms are also suited for business presentations. At the innermost private area overlooking Canton Road, a teppan counter presents grilled to order in-season dishes.
To learn more, visit www.savvyhongkong.com or connect with SAVVY on Facebook @SAVVYinhongkong or Instagram @savvyhongkong.
SAVVY has adopted the below modes of operation:
- Type B: Operating hours until 10 p.m. with up to four guests per table.
- Type C: Operating hours from 10 a.m. to 12 midnight with up to six guests per table and guests are required to record their visits with the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application.
- Type D: Operating hours can be extended until 2 a.m. if the restaurant is reserved as an event space, and guests are required to record their visits with the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application and provide a proof of receiving the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and at least two-thirds of persons at the same table must have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Located in Hong Kong’s entertainment heartland, Harbour City, SAVVY is a bar, lounge and restaurant offering a contemporary lifestyle destination where guests can socialise, refresh, refuel in three distinctive zones. The venue serves authentic Asian dishes alongside western and regional specialities. Two private dining rooms feature audio and visual facilities to support business gatherings, celebratory and exclusive occasions.